At the beginning of your shift you must check the status of the camera to ensure it is functioning correctly.
If the light on your camera is:
- slowly blinking red and green - your camera is in sleep mode*
- a steady green light - your camera is on and ready to take pictures
- quickly blinking green with no red - your camera is storing images
- quickly blinking green with a single red blink - your camera has been triggered to take an image, for example if the door is opened or the brake depressed
- turned off - your camera has no power and is not functioning
- quickly or slowly blinking red with no green - your camera has a fault and is not functioning
*Sleep mode is activated when the ignition is turned off and the camera is not triggered to take an image for over 30 minutes. As soon as the camera is triggered to take an image it will turn back on.
It is illegal for a taxi cab to operate without a functioning security camera.
If at the start of or during your shift you find that the camera is not working please call:
- Taxi Tech Oakleigh on (03) 9221 0280
Open Monday to Saturday - 8am to 5pm
- Taxi Tech North Melbourne on (03) 9329 8558
Open Monday to Friday - 8am to 9pm & Saturday - 8am to 12pm
- the 13CABS Driver Helpdesk on (03) 9226 7101
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Our helpful staff will be able to advise you the closest location available to repair your camera at the time of your call.
Further information regarding security cameras can be found at the Taxi Services Commission website.